Fix Mortal Kombat 1 Multiplayer Not Working
Mortal Kombat 1 has captivated fans with its gripping narrative and immersive gameplay. While its story mode offers an enthralling solo experience, there’s nothing quite like challenging fellow players in the multiplayer arena. That said, we understand that some players have run into difficulties with the multiplayer feature. Don’t worry; we’re here to help. Dive into our detailed guide below to resolve the Mortal Kombat 1 Multiplayer not working problem.
Understanding Mortal Kombat 1 Multiplayer Issues
While playing such a dynamic game, it’s not uncommon for players to face disruptions due to multiple reasons:
- Excessive Background Services: Running many applications simultaneously can lead to decreased game performance and lags.
- Game Integrity: An outdated, corrupted, or missing game file can prevent MK1 from launching or cause significant frame rate drops.
Troubleshooting Mortal Kombat 1 Multiplayer Issues
Here’s our step-by-step guide to ensure your gaming experience is smooth:
1. Refresh Your Display Driver
A dated GPU driver might be the culprit behind your multiplayer issues. Ensure it’s up-to-date by:
Win + Xand selecting Device Manager.
- Expanding the Display adapters.
- Right-clicking your display driver > Update driver > Search automatically for drivers.
- Rebooting your PC post-update.
2. Elevate Launcher Privileges
Granting administrative rights to the game launcher can work wonders:
- Right-click on the Steam/Epic Games Launcher exe shortcut.
- Navigate to Properties > Compatibility.
- Activate the ‘Run this program as an administrator’ option.
- Click Apply > OK, then relaunch your game.
3. Keep Background Interference at Bay
Ensure no unnecessary processes consume valuable resources:
- Open Task Manager with
Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Under the Processes tab, end tasks that aren’t essential.
- Reboot for optimal results.
4. Limit Steam Overlays
While the Steam overlay is nifty, it can sometimes conflict with your game:
- Head to Library in your Steam client.
- Right-click Mortal Kombat 1 > Properties.
- Under General, deactivate ‘Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game’.
- Relaunch the game for a smoother experience.
5. Opt for Windowed Mode
Switching to Windowed mode can sometimes bypass multiplayer hiccups:
- Press the Windows icon > Type
- Navigate to: Prospect > Saved > Config > WindowsNoEditor.
- Open ‘GameUserSettings’ and modify ‘FullscreenMode=1’ to ‘FullscreenMode=0’.
- Relaunch Mortal Kombat 1 to notice the difference.
6. Disable Antivirus Interference
Antivirus software can sometimes mistakenly block game files:
Windows + I> Update & Security > Windows Security.
- Click Open > Virus & Threat Protection > Manage settings.
- Toggle off Real-time protection (make sure to turn it back on later).
If using third-party antivirus, consider whitelisting the game files:
- Open Steam > Library.
- Choose Mortal Kombat 1 > Settings > Manage > Browse local files.
- Navigate to: Prospect > Binaries > Win64.
- Select ‘Prospect-Win64-Shipping’ to whitelist.
7. Keep Mortal Kombat 1 Updated
An outdated game might be the source of your woes:
- Open Steam > Library > Mortal Kombat 1.
- If an update is available, click on Update.
- Restart your PC after updating.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Access the Library.
- Click on Mortal Kombat 1’s three dots > Ensure Auto Update is toggled on.
8. Seek Expert Assistance
If you’ve tried everything and are still facing issues, it’s time to consult the experts. Get in touch with Mortal Kombat 1’s official support. They’re equipped to provide tailored solutions.
- Fix: FIFA 23 Error Creating Game Session
- Fix: Bluestacks Snapchat Not Working or Loading
- Fix: COD Black Ops 3 Split Screen Not Working
A Few Parting Words
Remember, Mortal Kombat 1 isn’t cross-platform. If you’re on a PC and your friend is on a console, teaming up isn’t an option. We trust our guide will pave the way for uninterrupted multiplayer battles. Should you have further queries, feel free to reach out.